PRV 6MB550FT-4 (SINGLE)
6.5" MID BASS LOUDSPEAKER
PRV Audio’s 6MB550FT-4 6.5″ Forte Series midbass was specially tailored to give you more Xmax and less distortion on mid low mid bass frequencies, with its Peak-to-Peak excursion going up to 14 mm (0.55″) this speaker can give a heck of a punch!
The tall 2″ voice coil ensures high heat dissipation and the necessary motor strength to deliver high sensitivity even on high power with the minimum distortion with recommended High Pass filter of 95Hz at 12 dB Octave.
All this attention to detail makes the 6MB550FT-4 one impressive driver. With 94.5 dB efficiency and 550 watts power handling this mid bass is ideally used in stage monitor, auditorium, touring, and outdoor systems. The smooth response from 85 to 7,500 Hz makes it perfect for 2 or 3-way designs.
- Designed to handle low frequency at a high power output
- Xmax 5.40 mm – 14 mm Peak-to-Peak excursion before damage
- A huge magnet for increased efficiency and control
- High power copper tinsel lead wire
- Vented pole piece minimizes power compression and increases power handling
- Rigid cast aluminum frame can withstand the use and abuse of pro and car audio
- Natural paper cone and double-roll surround for smooth response
A rigid cast aluminum frame with spokes to minimize reflections back into the cone. To drive the voice coil, a large ferrite magnet is used with a very precise machined top and bottom plate.
The additional forced vent in the backplate for the coil allows this driver to handle up to 250 watts RMS without issue.
|6″ (152 mm)
|Rated AES Power Handling (RMS)
|Sensitivity 2.83V at 1m
|Recommended Hi Pass Crossover****For Full Power Handling
|95 Hz****12db Per Octave Crossover
|Frequency Response at -10dB
|85 – 7,500 Hz
|Voice Coil Diameter
|2″ (51 mm)
|Voice Coil Wire
|Voice Coil Winding Depth
|Magnetic Gap Depth
|Die cast aluminum